At the core of our school ethos is a desire to create a cohesive community and a positive environment for all students. At the heart of the Student Voice is a drive to ensure a sense of belonging within the school, a sense of place in the local community and a culture whereby the progress of our school can be fuelled by the talents and insights of our students.
The involvement of House and Vice Captains comprise of termly meetings with Form Reps to gather opinions and ideas from the student body.
- Refurbishment of the boy’s main toilets. Through the House Council meetings, proposals were put forward to the Principal and Governors for a complete refurbishment of the boys toilet area. Extensive works were carried out and completed in Summer 2019.
- House Council were heavily involved in the selection process of our current catering providers, Cucina.
- On-going meetings are held with Stuart Hobbs, our Executive Chef, to discuss menu ideas and the food provision offered to pupils and staff.
- The House and Vice Captains, as representatives of the student body, have been involved in the interview processes for the last two Principals and for the Vice Principal in 2019.
House Council Manifesto
- this is led by the House and Vice Captains, who hold meetings through the year to engage with the Forms Reps
- focussed on dealing with other pupils’ opinions in a serious way so that everyone has a voice
- proud to be polite and down to earth.
- to earn the trust from pupils across the school
- to tackle problems in and around the school
- respect for staff
- to improve the school environment.